Cate St Hill – UK interiors blogger and stylist – simple interior design for everyday living – Scandinavian interiors – minimalist grey IKEA kitchen
The kitchen is the liveliest area in your house where you spend most of your time. You need this place to be furnished in a practical and stylish way. Furnishings here refer to kitchen furniture and window coverings. It all depends on your choice if you want to add an elegant touch or something else to your kitchen look.
You can either go with classic wood and brick finishes or a more modern and minimal setting by making a function of neutral colors and matte finishes. Choose a wide range of options for your kitchen with a large number of shapes and sizes of windows out there. Not sure which window treatment suits your space? Here's something to help you find the best for your kitchen.
Interesting ideas for window treatment for kitchens
New window treatments can make a difference for your entire kitchen. Pairing the new coatings with existing interiors can work quite well. For renovation purposes, there are many styles, finishes and color options that can bring new life to your existing space. What works best for your kitchen? Are they double-glazed shutters, bare windows, classic netting or something else? Think about it to give your kitchen an interesting look, compare the different options, their pros and cons and everything. Think about things depending on the place you want to cover. Is it a standard window, above the kitchen window or something that covers your patio doors, there are a number of products to choose from:
- Network / Voiles In addition to the usual curtains, which consist of heavier fabrics, very lightweight voiles or nets are quite popular for kitchens. Curtains or voiles are popular but one small disadvantage of this product is that it easily absorbs dirt and grows mold and also provides limited privacy.
- blinds Another type of blinds that are popularly known as blinds that differ from style and light control is available in the market to the high demand of users. All kinds of blinds including Roman, vertical or classic Venetians are very effective in terms of integrity. On the other hand, these blinds can easily damage due to their light weight and can also hit the window in a breeze.
- shutters A window shutter is the more premium, high quality and a tailor made choice available for kitchens. They are convenient for every homeowner, as they are easy to keep clean and do not require high maintenance. Double-glazed shutters are considered the most elegant choice of window coverings for the kitchen as well as for all places in the home. From traditional to modern designs, shutters have been a popular choice for years.
- Tinted Film Window films are very similar to a net curtain that provides limited shading. They can only reduce the light rather block it. Movies are usually used with other window coverings.
- Bare window A large number of homeowners prefer to go as minimal as they can and therefore they choose no window treatments for their kitchen windows. A bare window provides no light control, no privacy or insulation, giving homeowners an unlimited view of their garden.