DIY pastel painted mason jar vases. Find this and many other up-cycle projects at 50 DIY Farmhouse Interior Decor Ideas! #diydecoratingideas
Small changes can have a big impact on how your kitchen looks. Below are 11 decoration ideas that you can make yourself in a day or less. These simple changes are not only easy to make, but they are also cheap!
1. Afraid to change your cramped white kitchen walls? Instead of choosing rich, deep colors for your first project, you will probably feel more comfortable with a neutral such as beige or gray that will not date the room or create a jarring taste that you will easily tire of.
2. Light up the kitchen. Use mirrors to catch the sunlight and bounce it around. Try to place a mirror across a window or on a wall that is the corner to the window wall for the most light distribution.
3. Make seasonal changes. Moving the kitchen furniture to a & # 39; summer event & # 39; can optimize your space and give it a more airy feel. Make it light and windy - be sure to remove some of the furniture and decorations for a lighter feel. Open these curtains and let the sun shine in!
4. Use grinding caps. Slipcovers over your chairs can soften the room and add to your décor. For the holiday you can try using special covers in holdiay patterns or colors. For a nice summer change, use white cotton or cloth covers on the chairs.
5. Get ideas from the pros. Look in magazines, books, TV or the internet to get a taste of the accessories and designs you want to see in your kitchen. If you see a kitchen decorated in a way that you like, think about how you can duplicate the same decor in your home.
6. Decorate with cookbooks. You can create a nice screen with your cookbooks. Try to group them into interesting configurations with some closures and some standing. Do not place small books next to tall books, but customize them in graded sizes.
7. Heat it with carpets. Area mats can add a splash of color or cover an old or uneven floor. When buying carpets, measure the space so you can be sure of getting the right size. Carpets used under a table should be large enough to even accommodate the chairs when fully pulled out.
8. Put outdoors inside. Don't be afraid to hang plants from all bare corners to give a living feel to a regular kitchen. Plants give interest and soften the room. For above the cabinets or inaccessible places, silk plants work just as well as real ones, but if you buy silk, go with an arrangement of good quality that looks realistic.
9. Change the look with accessories. Some strategically placed accessories can change your kitchen from boring to dramatic! Maybe you want to go with a certain theme and you might be able to give your kitchen a whole new look just by replacing some important accessories such as toaster covers, dish towels, capsule sets, salt and gingerbread cookies and pot holders.
10. Replace your cabinets. There are so many different styles in cabinets that are drawn today - figurine, wood, ceramics, glass - you should be able to find a design that easily matches your new décor. They are easy to install and your friends think you have got new cabinets!
11. Add an edge. wallpaper edges are easy to set up and can add color and interest. You can use them at the top of the wall or go with less traditional use under the cabinets. Use them on chair rail height to break up long walls. An even cheaper (but more labor-intensive) alternative is to use stencils and paint.