Perfect kitchen remodel ideas for small kitchen #kitchenremodelideas #galleykitchen #kitchencabinetremodel #diykitchenremodelideas
You would think that an equipped kitchen would cost about the same throughout the year, and to some degree you would be right. But despite the seemingly endless "sales", there are definitely better times to buy fitted kitchens.
The best time to buy kitchens is ... when they want your business the most!
The whole of the UK's equipped kitchen industry revolves around four "Sale" periods as follows:
January - Winter sales starting Boxing Day - must be closed last weekend in Janruary
February - Winter sales magically extend to the end of February
March - No promotions. (Goods must be shown at "full" price for 28 days before being discounted)
April - Spring sales start - coincides with Easter and further special offers on bank holidays
May - Spring Sale magically extends to the end of May
June - No promotions. (Goods must be shown at "full" price for 28 days before being discounted)
July - Summer sales begin - must be closed last weekend in June
August - Summer sales magically extend to the end of August (usually the weekend of August)
September - No promotions. (Goods must be shown at "full" price for 28 days before being discounted)
October - Autumn sales begin - must be closed last weekend in October
November - Autumn Sale magically extends to the end of November (to catch the last "passes" before Christmas)
December - No promotions. (Goods must be shown at "full" price for 28 days before being discounted)
Which gives us the whole circle back for the next winter sale - which begins on Boxing Day.
It's worth noting that December is the month that most kitchen retailers raise their prices (by 3 to 4%)
Armed with the information above, we can conclude when they want our business the most, and therefore ... the best time to buy fitted kitchens.
- The First Days of Sales (All Sales) - The Sales Manager will be desperate to get the sale good and will offer additional "Discounts on Sales Above"
- Last weekend of sales (All sales) - The sales manager will be desperate to reach his sales target (his bonus depends on it) and will instruct his designers to do business (all offers) to achieve this
- Holidays - usually provide additional discounts
These are all great times to buy, but if you want the best possible purchase on your new kitchen ...
Buy your kitchen during "Non Sale" periods ... Why?
- The sales manager does not expect sales during a non-sales period (his advertising disappears)
- His sales target is much lower and he does not expect to achieve it (no advertising = no sales leads)
- Your individual order can make its own goal (for him and unexpected bonus!)
- It is worth noting that although there are no "advertised" discounts - the sales manager can approve what he wants (for the reason)
So we say that the best time to buy kitchens is ... when they want your business the most!
And that time is ... when they don't expect it to fall in their laps, and that results in an unexpected bonus!
The very best time of all ... two weeks before Christmas - when no one else is buying fitted kitchens!